Public and private projects that are already in the works will affect how we get around Center City. If we don’t plan now, we can likely expect more delays, congestion, and crowds. These impacts would be most noticeable between fall 2018 and winter 2021 as several major projects come online and change how we get around.
If no near-term strategies are implemented, the following impacts to mobility are anticipated by 2019:
Types of Potential Near-term Strategies
There are various ways to mitigate the increased mobility challenges described above. These potential near-term strategies include:
- Surface Transit Operations
- Transit Service Restructuring
- Pedestrian and Public Realm Improvements
- Center City Bike Network Implementation
- Programs and Management Strategies
Learn more about these potential strategies in the upcoming pages.